NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Information on how to enter, the prizes and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes is deemed acceptance of these “Official Rules” (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: Hotwire’s “#TravelByTwos” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old or older at the time of entry, have an Instagram account and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Employees of Hotwire and its parent company, owners, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, distributors, officers, directors, contractors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hotwire, Inc., 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104 (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on Monday, September 14, 2020 and ends at 9:00 am PT on Friday, September 25, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will include two (2) weekly entry periods as outlined in the chart below (each, an “Entry Period”). Entries (defined below) submitted and received during any given Entry Period will not be carried over into any subsequent Entry Period(s). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
|登录段||Starts at 12:01 AM PT on:||Ends at9:00AM PT on:|
|1||September 14, 2020||September 18, 2020|
|2||2020年9月19日||September 25, 2020|
5. How to Enter the Sweepstakes: If you don’t already follow @hotwire on Instagram, visithttps://www.instagram.com/hotwire/and click on the icon to follow @hotwire.
During an Entry Period, Sponsor will post a photo and question on its Instagram (@hotwire) account. Once you are following @hotwire, respond to the post on Instagram tagging a friend you’d like to take a trip with. Be sure to include the hashtag #Sweepstakes and you will be entered for a chance to win.
Entries will not be acknowledged. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per Entry Period. If your friend tags you back, both you and your friend will be entered for a chance to win. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Instagram accounts, identities, registrations or logins, or through other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes. Participation is subject to Hotwire’s使用条款. When you enter, you are providing information to Sponsor. No purchase necessary.
By entering on Instagram, you agree that your Entry conforms to the Submission Requirements as defined below (“Submission Requirements”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes that your Entry fails to conform to the Submission Requirements. Entrants must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Entry (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit a post via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data in relation to each standard text message sent and received. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
6. Submission Requirements: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY. THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES AND/OR THE INSTAGRAM RULES.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that any Entry he/she submits:
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- the account will need to be made public to see the specific hashtag; and
- will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any reason to screen any Entry(ies). Any Entry that the Sponsor deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules is subject to disqualification.
7.选择赢家:在每个日期的清单ed in the chart below (each, a “Draw Date”) on or about 10:00 am PT at Sponsor’s office at 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104, Sponsor or its agent will select two (2) potential winners in a random drawing of all valid entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
|1||September 18, 2020|
|2||September 25, 2020|
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified via direct message on Instagram and asked to provide their first and last name, email and physical mailing address. If a potential winner’s friend (“Friend Winner”) tagged them back, they will be a potential winner as well. Potential Friend Winners will be subject to the same following requirements. Once notified that you are a potential winner, you may be required to sign and return, within seven (7) calendar days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, “the Releases”). Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. A prize is not transferable; no prize substitutions or cash alternatives are allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s consent that his/her name, likenesses, and/or biographical data may be used for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent. Only one (1) alternate entrant per prize will be contacted.
9. Prize: Two (2) potential winners and two (2) potential Friend Winners, will be selected in the first Entry Period, and one (1) potential winner and one (1) potential Friend Winner will be selected in the second Entry Period (a maximum of six (6) total prize winners for the Sweepstakes Period) and will each receive a Prize (“Prize”) of $500 HotDollars for use on HotRate bookings on Hotwire.com. The HotDollars expire September 30, 2021, are subject to the HotDollarsRules and Restrictions.
To receive a prize, a winner must have a Hotwire account, which is free to create.
Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the booking is not refundable. Booking is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply.
Winners are responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to travel documents (i.e., passport and/or visa applications, if required), airfare, ground transportation, meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for a prize, a winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling hotel reservation. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. A winner may not transfer, assign or substitute a prize, or redeem a prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The prize is subject to and a winner must abide by the prize providers’ terms and conditions of booking and of stay for the hotel.
10.一般情况:如果打开ation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
13. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, including its choice of laws provision.
14. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Administrator, Hotwire’s “#TravelByTwos” Sweepstakes, 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.